Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Awesome Musical Collaborations That Only Exist in My Head

Divine Comedy and XTC

The Jackson Five and Phish

Pink Floyd (w/ Roger Waters) and Red House Painters

Ben Folds and Burt Bachrach

What say you?

---

Divine Comedy and XTC for obvious uber-pop reasons. I'll bet that together they could create a song so catchy it would cure cancer.

In my head I can see the Jacksons in their bell-bottom-and-'fro early years trying to improvise a dance routine at the same time Phish improvises musically.

Pink Floyd and Red House Painters would create a song beautiful and dementedly sad enough to make Chuck Norris weep openly.

I'm on a Ben Folds kick lately. But I once heard him covering "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" live and it was very cool. Got me to thinking about how much they have in common.

Now, I realize a good collaboration doesn't necessarily imply striking commonalities. I was hoping that you, dear readers, would give me some other ideas...

5 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I am not a big christian music person, but I have always liked Caedmon's Call. I especially like the girl/guy trade off in singing. So I would like to see that on a superstar level with Dave Matthews and Jewel.

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waylon Jennings and Neil Diamond.

Oh, that one did happen. I just repressed it so far that I had forgotten about it.

Seriously:

Billy Joel and Spoon

Art Garfunkel, Paul Simon, & Ben Gibbard

Bruce Springsteen & Rufus Wainwright

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger jöe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger jöe said...

jim morrison & shakira [live]. menacing sensual mystery meets primally beautiful exotic majesty. you decide which is which.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger jöe said...

oh, yeah, and there would be accompanying sound woven through all that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home