Monday, May 21, 2007

Some music I've been listening to as of late...

Just a quick one.

I have been listening to Tom Petty's great album called Wildflowers, which is pretty fantastic. I haven't heard some of this stuff since I was in high school when a girl that I had a major crush on raved about it. It's got a little bit of everything--some slow epic stuff with strings, some beautiful acoustic stuff, some simple riff rock that DOESN'T insult your intelligence. I've always like most of Petty's singles throughout the years, but there is a lot of other stuff on here that's definitely worth a listen.

Speaking of pop music, I just downloaded Ben Folds' Supersunnyspeedgraphic off of iTunes last night. This is a compilation of EPs he originally released off of his website. This man is a pop genius. The album Songs for Silverman left me kind of ambivalent, as it was a lot of same-ish sounding stuff. But this album reminds me of Folds's gift for melody.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger jenn said...

i go through days were tom petty's wildflowers is in my top 10 albums...but then there are days that is not...but i do love that album. And ben folds is a newly found love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home