Friday, August 07, 2009

Hopefully not a bad omen...

Tomorrow is the day! I shall be doing the 100 mile ride for Spin Your Wheels, benefitting the Children's Center in Bethany.

If all goes well, I should be finishing at the Center around 1:00 if you want to stop by and be amazed at the Triumph of the Will!

I'm not normally a superstitious type of fellow but I do like order and my routine, and this week has seemed to be out to rattle me.

It started out with a flat tire right before Wednesday's morning ride. After pumping it up again I was only able to get in 2/3 of the distance I wanted to cover that morning before it was going flat again. And Thursday morning's thunder and lightning show forced me to hit the stationary bike at the gym, which I hate. And then this morning's flat tire reappeared after setting out on what was supposed to be a nice, easy short ride. Unfortunately I had to walk the bike about 4.5 miles to get back to the car. My only consolation was: "at least this didn't happen tomorrow." (Fingers crossed.) So with a brand new tube, I will set out confidentally tomorrow morning.

Conditioning-wise, none of this is that big of a deal. You're supposed to taper off your weekly mileage before a big event anyway.

But mentally, I just feel off-kilter, having had to go with plan B and C against my will for the last three days of training.

Like I said- I like predictability and routine, especially the week going into the thing I've been training for literally for months.

This has not been that kind of week at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home