Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last Saturday's Ride

"How was it?"

It wound up being 76 miles.

I'm not going to lie...76 solitary miles are tough.

Almost 5 hours of myself, my mind, my bike and that's about it.

The relatively short section where I wasn't sharing the road with cars was mercifully broken up with some music, but it didn't last for very long.

Turns out I need people.

Why wasn't this an issue with running? Probably because I could have my tunes for the whole time, I suppose.

Friends of the blog--if you own a bike and haven't forgotten how to ride it, please consider getting up early on a Saturday soon and breaking up some of the monotony with me!

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

Do you have a mountain bike? I don't have a road bike right now, but I'd ride some trails with you if you'd be up for it.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Sorry Charlie.
I don't have a mountain bike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home