Thursday, June 25, 2009

Abondoned Ideas Volume 2


For all of the video-game-designing readers that might be out there, I offer the following concept free of charge.

The name of the game in my head is Ted Nugent's Rock n' Roll Safari.

For those that don't know-- Ted Nugent, also known as "The Motor City Madman," was a rock n' roll guitarist and bandleader in the 70s and 80s. Ever heard the song "Cat Scratch Fever?" "Stranglehold?" Ever heard of the early 90s band Damn Yankees? That's him shredding on the guitar. Ted is also a vocal conservative political voice, a gun nut, avid hunter and sportsman. Pretty weird dude.

In my head, the game was a first person shoot em up type a la Halo or Wolfenstein 3D. (Remember that one? I played it obsessively in my early college days!) Endorsed by Ted Nugent, it would feature shooting up animals in a variety of environments: the African Plains, the swamps of the Southern United States, the Rocky Mountains, outer space? That's the "safari" part. The "rock n' roll" part was originally that it would just feature a sweet awesome soundtrack.

But now, since the invention of Rock Band, I have rethought it. I think that the plastic guitars should be involved somehow. Maybe equate the guitar playing to taking the lives of animals? Like, if you get so many notes correct in a row, the guitar shoots a zebra on the screen? I don't know.

That's about as far as I got before abandoning the idea.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

I like it. But expect a call from PETA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home