Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Love You, Beth Cooper I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
As I was reading this humorous, sometimes clever take on high school life, I often thought: "why isn't this a movie?" especially as it bears a striking resemblance in form to the movie "Superbad." And then today I read that it is coming out as a motion picture in a couple months.



It's a fast read, a story of one incredible night in the life of a couple geek-ish senior boys and their unbelievable penetration of cool high school elite society.



Although the author unapologetically deals with cliche characters: the jock, cheerleader, nerd, etc. it is apparent which world was most familiar to Him when he suffered through those years.



A very funny, quick read.


View all my reviews.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger starbender said...

This sounds like it would make a great movie. Has all the pieces.

Visit me at http://wackocrazy.blogspot.com

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah. I thought so too.

That's why I wrote it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home