Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In case you didn't get an email from me..

Here are some details about Sunday's marathon:

Where do I need to be and when?"
Excellent question! The finish line is at NW 7th and Broadway. As far as
"when"--I am expecting to finish some time between 10:30 AM (pretty much
dream pace) and 11:00 AM (if the south wind is extraordinarily high or a
squall moves in.) But come early to find parking and witness much faster
people than I doing their thing.

Another option is to offer encouragement and support at the 20 mile point
(NW 63rd and Classen.) That's probably the point at which you are most
likely to witness my cussing to myself or screaming "Why, O Lord!" at the
heavens. I should probably be reaching that point around 9:30 or 9:45.
However, don't be offended if I don't recognize you on the sidelines at that
point, for I will probably be seeing double or distracted by the sight of
the demons.

While I MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer your physical presence, there are other
methods of keeping track of my progress that morning:

1) You can download an iPhone app here--
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memorial-marathon/id363346860?mt=8#

2) Go to the marathon website and "Track Your Runner"--
http://www.okcmarathon.com/

Love,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home