Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ohhh We're Halfway There WOAH OH!!

Yesterday morning marked the beginning of week 9 of a 16-week marathon training plan. Halfway there! And friends, let me tell you- I am feeling AWESOME right now with my running, going farther faster than ever! Saturday morning was my fastest long run to date. 15 hilly miles at Edmond’s lovely Mitch Park. Have you ever been there? It’s a really nice park. I’m thinking I should log more miles there and add it to the biking rotation in the spring and summer.

Friends, I have a dream and you can definitely help me realize it. My dream is this: I finish the marathon at my goal pace, and am greeted by a swarm of friends and well-wishers. That’s where you come in. Can you come watch me finish?

The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is on Sunday April 25. It’s the 10th annual staging of this race so it’s sure to be surrounded by hubbub. Why don’t you go ahead and mark it on your calendar?

I know, I know. Sunday is the Lord’s Day. But maybe God and your priest or pastor will grant you special dispensation to miss. Here’s what you could do. Just go to church every day, even Mondays, between now and the marathon to stockpile some good will.

I am working REALLY hard right now. I don’t usually let on very much because it’s not polite and it’s boring to listen to and I enjoy the process anyway. But it would be nice to celebrate at the official end of the means with everyone I know.

As you were…

6 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Steven Stark said...

That is so cool. I look forward to hearing/reading about the marathon! I can't wait to dust off the bike soon.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger J-Rae said...

Congrats on your halfway point!
I would love to cheer for your grand finish. --Jana

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger live compassionately said...

I would enjoy seeing you finish :) Any idea what time (ish) I would need to be there?
Kristin

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I am hoping to finish around 10:30 that morning.
Maybe a few minutes earlier if I am feeling like Rocky at the end. Maybe as much as twenty minutes later if I'm not. :-)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Charlie said...

Good job on the halfway mark. Keep running strong my friend. I hope to see you finish, I looked for you last year, but with so many people it was tough to spot you and I missed your finish.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home