Wednesday, January 06, 2010

An Idea Whose Time Has Come

I’ve been reading about the internet a little bit as of late. It’s not as if I set out to. That’s just what was next in line on my “books-to-read” list and I like working my way through projects like that.

A memory occurred to me as I was reading about the rise of “Internet 2.0…”

I was in college in the late 90s, early 2000s. In my Mass Communication class our final assignment was to devise a theoretical message and a way of delivering the message to a mass audience.

My original idea was to create a news service, similar to AP (Associated Press.) However, my proposed news service would only distribute info about me, what was going on in my world. I probably proposed to call it MSP (Mike Stutzman Press.) While it was purely tongue-in-cheek, my teacher wouldn’t let me do it for my final. “There ought to be some relevance to the message you are communicating on a mass scale.”

Well, how times have changed since then, huh?

That’s right, everybody. I thought of the idea behind Twitter and even this blog ten years ago.

Compensation please…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home