Monday, February 09, 2009

Someone Make the Case for Me...

I caught most of the President's press conference tonight and one thing struck me as odd.

In the midst of such godawful economic news: of layoffs, of Wall Street's near collapse, the credit crisis, an 800-something BILLION dollar plan to MAYBE fix things in the mid-term and about a thousand other financial things I don't understand..it seemed perversely out of place that one reporter asked the president's views about steroids in baseball.

Someone make the case why I should give a rat's ass about who used steroids in an entertainment industry when the world seems to be crashing down around us..

And...go!

4 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger jenn said...

hmmmm...can't seem to think of anything! :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Steven Stark said...

I love baseball about as much as anybody, but yeah, that question was.....questionable within the context of the press conference.

Now if they renamed the stimulus package, the economic steroids package, then it might make sense.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Charlie said...

I agree that it was odd. I think the question was out of place, and I was more disappointed in the fact that the president answered the question for almost four minutes. I think a better response to a question out of context would have been "I am sorry, but my views on steroids in baseball is not what we are here to discuss. Next question please."

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

i honestly thought he was joking and trying to lighten up the situation, but then obama answered it so seriously that i wasn't sure after that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home