Wednesday, February 28, 2007

They Might Be Giants in St. Louis

In 6 minutes the two-week promotional madness for my office should be over.

Like my friends Statica and Rascal Stallion over at Nerd City, I too went to see the polar puke-fest They Might Be Giants show in St. Louis a couple weeks ago. Not to re-tread already discussed ground by them, but I must say that I don’t really consider seeing, no, surviving that show to be a real TMBG experience.

In my head, seeing They Might Be Giants play live should be like going home to heaven and being welcomed by throngs of socially-awkward, overly-analytical, geeky people with a sense of humor, all singing the same songs. (It’s easy to say this now, but when I first heard the show would be free and outdoors, I was a little uneasy. Never did I envision the Mardi Gras atmosphere and disrespect, of course, but I did think “there’s a chance they might not be playing for their people- a thought that still scares me as a guy in a band.)

Anyway, I would still like to see a TMBG show in their natural habitat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home