Tuesday, January 16, 2007

On Doing the Right Thing

So, I’ve been living in my house for 2 ½ years and I just within the last two or three weeks got my blue tub to start recycling. Dumbhead me, all I had to do was call and have them deliver one. It costs me nothing.

Let me tell you people something. This is genius! In my city, all I have to do is throw all the appropriate recyclables in the tub and take it to the street when it’s full. No sorting or special preparations.

Why is this exciting to me? I can’t think of many other times when it is so easy to do the right thing. Most of the time I’m either too lazy, lethargic, or not interested in doing what is right. It’s usually too much effort. But this recycling…man, even I can do this.

Please, no hard core environmentalists burst my bubble with “…well, have you considered…?” If I’m missing something or am deluded and this is not the right thing to do, please leave me alone in my delusions.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I like it. I remember telling Ginger after the Forum on ecology (or whatever fancy word Lance used) I would like to do more, but I am just to uninformed to know what or how. I didn't know the tub was free, so I probably don't have any more good excuses to not do that.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Jeff-

That's really what it comes down to, isn't it? Running out of excuses.

Anyway, here's the website on what's recyclable: http://www.okc.gov/trash/recycle/index.html

And here's the #: 297-2833

 

Post a Comment

<< Home