Friday, April 14, 2006

Putting Away Childish Things

As I said before, the hard drive crashed late last week and I just got back in the swing of things yesterday. One of my tasks was re-entering all of my internet favorites and it was with much deliberation that I decided to NOT include Pitchfork Media on that list.

Over the last few months I came to realize that as I visited that site ritualistically every day as I had for several years, very rarely would I stay to read anything. No longer could I work up any interest in reading about tour dates for obscure bands no bigger than my own. No longer could I pretend to care what pretentious snobs had to say about doomed, insignificant albums by equally obscure bands. Oh, I’m sure there is some tiny little sub-culture of bespectacled goons out there who would shudder at my usage of the word “insignificant” and who actually care about the latest Wolf Parade single. But for me, Pitchfork has finally turned the corner to irrelevance.

I’m moving on, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home