Friday, March 10, 2006

Dude, Seriously. When's the New Album Coming Out?

Attention, Grandpa Griffith fans. I have heard the new album, Electric Scooter Holiday Blowout, in its’ finished, final form. The master was delivered to us earlier this week and I gave it a listen in the car last night. I even sat in the car in the garage to listen to the last three or four songs. All in all, I think it sounds great! “We Are the Thinkers” made me a little misty, which to everybody else sounds downright bizarre, I’m sure. But, when you get so involved in the creation of something…

The mastering process gave every instrument a definite place in the mix. Every little tambourine and shaker speaks clearly. And a certain bass drum sound on a certain new song that nobody’s heard before sounded like it was right there in the car with me. There’s a high-end sheen with the sound that I think you can only get with professional ears and professional equipment.

So, everything from this point on is pretty much within our control. Matt’s just doing some final touches on the artwork and we will hopefully be sending it off for duplication by the end of next week.

It’s getting close, friends.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger jenn said...

Hooray!!! what happy news : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home