Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The People, Yes

So, when I started this blog, I had some high-falutin’ language about how I wanted to talk about elevated concerns like art and philosophy, and thus far, the lion’s share of the content has just been about me and my journey of aesthetic development. I’ve traced my musical education through high school and believe me, there’s still lots to cover from that point on, but…How rude of me! What a lame blind date this has been. Well, I’ll tell you what. Let’s talk about you for a little bit, baby.

I want to hear what you have to say, dear reader, about music and art and beauty and whatever. Here are some questions to chew on and spit out.

1)Why do we (and when I say “we,” I actually mean “you,”) listen to music? When do you listen to music?
1a)I’ve had this discussion with friends before, but how do you listen to music? Do you put on a particular kind of music in your house or apartment or dorm-room or shanty or lean-to or bedroom to “set a vibe” and to feel a certain way? Or do you put on a particular kind of music because you already feel a certain way? Give me some specifics. What’s everybody listening to these days?

Let’s start with these questions. But I’ve got several more. (I always talk music because that’s my area of most experience. But does any of this talk apply to any of the other arts?) Please write me back so that I don’t feel like a voice crying in the wilderness like John the Baptist.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger jenn said...

I'm going to respond to this e-mail on my blog in the next couple of days : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home