Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Windy Day

I’m pretty sure you could correctly describe today’s weather as “blustery.” Do you ever get taken back into the past when the weather turns this way? The air is cold, but not bitterly cold. It doesn’t take too much concentration to turn it into a pleasant sensory experience.

I think the wind might carry some kind of “past-remembrance particles” that you inhale and they somehow get mixed into your bloodstream and wind up temporarily bridging your synapses and affecting your perception of the now. (Man, that was a weird sentence.)

Anyway, I was walking in a parking garage about half an hour ago and felt the crisp wind whipping around me amongst all that concrete and somehow I was in a couple different moments of my past at the same time. Part of me was back in high school at after-school marching band practice, focused on remembering where I was supposed to go and what I was supposed to play. The other part of me was in my first year of college, traversing OU’s huge campus, going to my English lit class that led me past the football stadium, through a couple flowery courtyards and benches, past all kinds of different youthful people, each with a unique story, but feeling largely alone-metaphorically speaking, focused on where I was supposed to go and what I was supposed to play.

Still haven’t quite figured it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home