Thursday, May 01, 2008

Like Pulling Teeth

As of yesterday, the drug house two doors down from me no longer exists. I shed no tears when the house caught fire at the end of last year. I knew then it was only a matter of time...

It took a day of demolition to undo years of feeding people's basest desires.

But now there is only a vacant lot. A friend said the street would look like a mouth with an extracted tooth. She was right.

If my neighbors are anything like me they wonder what (and/or "who") will go in next.

My parents talk in terms of home sales and housing prices. Those are foreign concerns for me.

I'm a simple man. I'm just happy to be able to drive down the lane and not have to avoid cars parked in the street, looking like the world's crappiest used car lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home