Monday, October 27, 2008

The Tulsa Run

Saturday was probably the last great milestone of the year for yours truly. I ran in the Tulsa Run 15k. (Answer to the Most Frequently Asked Question: 15k=9.3 miles.)

I decided this was something I wanted to try about a month and a half ago when I first jogged all the way around Lake Hefner, which is 9.5 miles. I had done a couple 5ks and enjoyed having goals to work toward. My chip time on Saturday was 1:59:52, which is pretty slow compared to a lot of people in the race, but there were still quite a few people finishing well after me. Anyway, being absolutely noncompetitive, I try to avoid comparisons to others like one might avoid the plague. So the best part for me was that I beat my previous best pace by twelve minutes!

It was a beautiful course and the weather was pretty fantastic.

Here's to health and goals fulfilled!

3 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

that's awesome. i don't run, so i'm always amazed at people that do.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Cara said...

Huzzah! Proud of you and your goals!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Steven Stark said...

Fantastic! I have never run more than 3 miles at a time. I am impressed........and in need of more exercise. Thanks for the example!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home