Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Love Words

…So today at work I looked at the clock to see it was 12:34. And I was pleasantly reminded of the time a few years ago I was challenged by my friend Jeff to invent a word for that phenomenon, since we didn't know of one. The word I came up with: Scalanumerochrony, the image being a time in which numbers climb a ladder.

At the same time I also came up with Homonumerochrony, or "same number time," (i.e. 2:22 pm.) I'm much more pleased with that one. All of the roots come from the same language, so there's a logic to it.

So...yeah. I'm a big nerdy dork.

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! I will start to circulate the words ASAP, with full credit of course.

I once dreamed up a new word. In the dream our band, The Fellowship Students, was asked to describe our sound. Our response was "Fellishipent"

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

i like it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home