Tuesday, January 17, 2006

And with that, I think I’ve purged all of the head-spinning musical revelations that I’ve encountered up until now. Everything else I’ve ever heard has been listened to with the likes of The Beatles, Steve Reich, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd and King Crimson playing in the background of my head. I think it was Aaron Copland, (the composer, not the rock star), who said that we listen to new music with a set of expectations from previous experience. Well, until now I have been discussing the primary artists that form my set of expectations. From here on out, who knows what foolishness I can come up with to talk about? (That’s an awkward sentence.)

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger jenn said...

i'm sure there are many foolish things you can come up with to talk about...for you are mike the great : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home